Saturday, July 17, 2010

We Went Joyful



It has now been almost a week since leaving Nauvoo. Despite coming home to a mountain of work and its accompanying stress, I found myself surprisingly content and happy. I have found myself striving to do as many little things as I could this week to keep that feeling with me all the time. I know that I am not the only one. I came home a bit early Thursday to find Karalee and Sterling creating music videos on the computer to the the Nauvoo soundtrack. I love it! Rachael spent four hours "talking Nauvoo" with her friend Annaleah on their way to EFY (Youth Camp). This truly has been the greatest thing we have ever done as a family.

As I prepared my Sunday School lesson for tomorrow, I feel like I found the answer. The lesson is about Solomon and the temple that he built to the Lord. After the Israelites dedicated it to the Lord, the account reads, "On the eighth day he sent the people away: and they blessed the king, and went unto their tents joyful and glad of heart for all the goodness that the Lord had done for David his servant, and for Israel his people." (1 Kings 8:66). We, too, have been blessed by the Lord. We are so grateful that He has blessed us to once again have temples in our midst. Through His holy priesthood power, our families are knit together-sealed-for this life and all eternity. What a great blessing!

Thank you all for letting us share this experience with you through our blog. The music soundtrack is available to anyone that would like a copy. If interested, let me know by email (mpf9973@gmail.com) and I can arrange to have it sent to you. P.S.-Who is that young guy with Karalee and Sterling at the ball game?

No comments:

Post a Comment