Thursday, September 23, 2010

Doctrine & Covenants 19:23


"Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me."

Rachael used this scripture today as her devotional in seminary. What greater blessing can there be than to have peace in the Lord? Truly, then we will be happy. Today I had some good moments of patience and others that were lacking. Walking in the meekness of His spirit is certainly harder for me than it seems it should be. I need to be a listener, especially to my children. I tend to tell them what I want them to do without much thinking about what they are thinking, feeling and struggling with. Certainly the Lord doesn't lecture me much, but he is always there to listen. I will work on being a better listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment