Saturday, September 25, 2010

Isaiah 4:5-6


"And the Lord will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory [of Zion] shall be a defence.
And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain. "

A few years back I was reading this scripture, trying to understand what it meant. I read it a few times and then it was as if the curtain was opened over the window of my mind and I could see clearly. I realized that the Lord was telling me that my own home could and should be as sacred as a temple. It should be a place where my children feel safe, where the spirit of the Lord could reside and through which he could reveal his will for us. It can be a struggle to keep such a spirit in our home all the time, but we keep trying. If we rely on the Savior, he'll make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment