Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Scripture of the Day


If you are anything like me, it is hard to do all that we know we should. We have been much better as a family about praying together lately and it has been a huge blessing. We have not done so well with scripture study, so I though I would use this format to share a brief thought about a scripture a day.

Today I read James 1:5-6. If any man lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him, but let him ask in faith, nothing wavering, for he that wavereth is like the wave of the sea, driven with the wind and tossed.

My thoughts turned to my parenting skills, or lack thereof. I get frustrated with myself and know that I need to be a better father, but don't always know how. I was reminded today to get on my knees and ask for help and then be willing to listen and respond to the answer. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment