Tuesday, April 7, 2020

How Do You Zoom?

If you are like me, much of how we used to do things is now done through videoconferencing.  Just today I had quite a variety of sessions.  It started this morning with a zoom meeting with the docs getting ready to help out in the ICU. My one on one zoom video conferences with patients today went great.  It was so much more smooth than when we started two weeks ago.  My staff is now getting people ready to go, signed in and all I have to do is click accept and off we go.  Tonight I had another meeting, this time with church leadership.  It almost feels natural now.

Now for the confession.  I have heard reports of stores selling out of nice blouses and shirts but have plenty of pants and skirts in stock.  I have heard of people working in their pajamas.  Now I have rolled my eyes at all this in the past.  Today I must apologize to anyone to whom I may have scoffed at in the past!  The first meeting I had pajama bottoms on.  For one later today, I may have had bike shorts on when I biked in to work to sign a mountain of papers waiting for me.  This evening speaks for itself, doesn’t it?!

Now my favorite video call of the day was FaceTiming my son and his adorable wife who is due to have our third grandchild any day.  I don’t know when we are going to be able to see this, our first granddaughter, but are grateful that so far all has checked out well after a few initial concerns.  We will be relieved once she is born and home safe and sound.  We will have to make a trip to Connecticut as soon as this whole virus thing dies down and it is safe to do so.  

In the meantime, we are making sure that our house has the coolest grandkid room around.  After a whole lot of time and effort, the bunk bed is now done.  My wife found this mattress that comes rolled up in a box and autoinflates.  It is pretty cool.  She has more ideas up her sleeve for a kids library, an art corner and an indoor TREE FORT? I think she has gone off her rocker a bit but it should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment